Learning photography is full of bumps. You do learn a lot through mistakes!
Well…one mistake I made wasn’t exactly IN photography so much as related to it. I purchased what I thought was a good buy and ‘just what I wanted’ on impulse. Bad plan.
What was this mistake I made that I regret?
It had to do with editing software. A thing from Photoshop went on sale and I bought it on impulse. What was the ‘thing’? Photoshop Elements 15.
Before anyone goes crazy and wonders why I didn’t like said editor…I will explain myself.
What I wanted…
- Something with the ability to edit RAW photos really well.
- Something with good organization and synchronizing features.
- Something like Lightroom 😆 .
What I got bc of bad research…
This is the problem with impulse spending
well one problem anyways –you often don’t get enough information on the product. And when buying the EFL (editor for life), you want to be well researched.
- I got an editor focused on layers. Now, I have no problem with layers. They’re actually kinda’ fun and I enjoyed learning it a wee bit. But that’s NOT what I wanted. I don’t want to go through the whole process of adding layers to edit. Not my thing at all.
- I got something without the desired synchronize feature. I didn’t research it well enough apparently. What I thought was a synchronize feature was just not.
- It is forever cemented in my mind that impulse spending is a bad thing to do. Not that I didn’t know it before. But now I’ve experienced it first hand.
- I got to learn a few things about layers. They are rather complicated in my opinion. But they can be very neat too.
- I KNOW FOR SURE THAT FOR ME THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING BUT LIGHTROOM IN MY FUTURE. I am forever a devoted lightroom fan, and nobody’s changing my mind about it. I am saving for ligthroom 6 and will probably have enough by later next month. So watch for my announcement on that.
What’s going on?
What have I been up to as far as blog plans/photography in the future? TBH I haven’t made a whole lot of plans yet as far as this blog goes. I still have the storage problem (the reason why there aren’t a ton of pictures in this post) and the broke problem 😉 . So I won’t be able to fix that just yet. I am thinking about working on Beauty in Simplicity and Crystal Ice Studio (formerly The Misty Mountain, but still at the same link) to give you photography updates until I fix my storage issues.
Other than that…I discovered my current editor doesn’t do as bad at RAW editing as I thought so I will be practicing shooting in that most preferable format. 😛
Now for a photo I meant to show you forever ago…
WAAAAAIIIITTTT????!!!! WHHHAAAATTTT???!!! You said you couldn’t post photos!
I can’t. At least not NEW photos. This photo is on the storage of Lucillian Photography and was in a draft that I never posted so it doesn’t count against my storage. Yay!
I just love this photo I took of my dearest friend Emily. She’s collaborated on my other blog forever ago but I’ve known her way longer. She’s a super talented archer and I loved how some of the photos on this ‘session’ turned out. ❤
I hope y’all are having a good week! Keep on practicing!